Tooth Colored Fillings
For over 150 years, cavities were filled with amalgam or “silver” fillings. It was perfectly normal to see dark grey areas in someone’s mouth when they laughed.
But today, you can get your cavities filled with tooth colored (composite) fillings. Composite fillings are matched to your tooth’s color – so they become invisible when applied. They can also be used to bond and reshape teeth that are chipped, rotated, spaced, or worn down
The factors that go into our decision to use composite fillings include:
- The size of the area that needs to be filled
- The location of the filling in the mouth
- Allergies the patient might have
- The preference of the patient regarding the use of metals in the mouth
- Whether it is necessary cosmetically to have a tooth-colored filling
If you are unsure about the type of filling to use, schedule an appointment today for a consultation.